If you could tell yourself anything before you fell pregnant and had a baby what would you say…?! here is what i would tell myself if i was given the chance.
1. SLEEP!! Sleep when you can. Sleep in till 11am. Take a nap during the day. Go to bed at 7pm. Spend the whole day in bed. Who cares what you do just sleep! Because once that baby arrives sleep becomes a thing of the past!
2. Enjoy the TV while you can. Because once you have a kid the TV is no longer yours! You will be brainwashed by Peppa Pig, Mickey Mouse, PJ Masks and whatever other crap they put on! Gone are those days of binge watching Netflix! So lap it all up now, stay in bed till whatever time watching boxsets because it becomes a rare occasion after baby!
3. When you want to buy a handbag go for style over ‘how many nappies will this hold’ so you know get the one that only holds your phone and money for a night out!
4. Enjoy every hot drink you have!
5. Love yourself for how you are, lumps, bumps, weight, height whatever you are…thats just you! Embrace it! It will soon all change!
6. Blast your favourite songs in the car, sing them at the top of your voice. Because soon it will all be nursery rhymes and music played quiet because you dont want to wake the sleeping baby in the back you had to drive around to get to sleep!
7. There is never a ‘right time’ to have kids! When they arrive it will change your life forever. There will be a lack of sleep, holidays will be spent at the baby pool and in places that have kids clubs, hangovers will suck BIGTIME! But you will feel love like you have never experienced before and you wont regret it for a single second!
I would love to hear what you would tell your pre child self!